Satisfy your chocolate cravings with this healthy brownie recipe from Sarah Britton’s Super Charged Snacks series. This sweet snack is not only delicious, but good for you! Enjoy as a late morning snack, or reward yourself with a healthy treat after a workout! Give Sarah’s Protein Rich Cacao Brownies a try, and let us know what you think!
– 4 very ripe bananas
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– ½ cup /125ml nut butter (almond or hazelnut butter are good options)
– ¼ cup / 20g cacao powder
– ¼ cup protein powder (choose a very fine powder)
– 1 tsp. baking powder
– ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
– flaky sea salt for garnish, if desired
– 100g dark chocolate – 70% minimum, roughly chopped
– standard baking equipment
– food processor
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
2. Peel bananas and place them in a food processor. Blend on high until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients (except for the flaky salt and chocolate) and blend until incorporated. Roughly chop the chocolate and fold in about half.
3. Pour the brownie batter into a prepared brownie pan, and scatter the remaining chocolate over the top. Sprinkle with a couple pinches of flaky sea salt and place in the oven.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes until it passes the toothpick test. Let cool, slice into 12 squares and enjoy. Store leftovers wrapped tightly in the freezer.
Sarah Britton (BFA, CNP) is a Holistic Nutritionist and Certified Nutritional Practitioner. Following her philosophy of “making healthy choices every day” she has been creating recipes for her readers all over the world since 2007.
Winner of the 2014 Saveur “Best Food Blog – Special Diets Blog” Awards, Sarah currently teaches cooking classes, runs workshops on detoxification and cleansing, food as medicine, and nutrition fundamentals. She creates exclusive menu plans and recipes for various media and gives lectures and speaks in public forums such as TEDx.
Comment below to let us know how your recipe turned out. Subscribe to our channel for more Foodie Friday videos from Alo Moves each week!
Stay connected with us:
→ Youtube: s